How to Make Money Online
Nowadays How to make money online has become one of the most searched phrases on the internet. Believe me, I have been in your position, as I have been searching for the ways to make money online since the day I came to know that one can make money online. In my quest I have come across many ways to make money online, some of them are really good and some are just crap. But don’t worry in this article I will be saving you a lot of time by telling you only the authentic and legit ways to make money online.
Before jumping into the main topic let me tell you something very important!
Making money online (From now onward whenever I say making money online, it means earning a living online in a legit way) is NOT EASY at all. But it’s NOT THAT DIFFICULT too if you are following a proper path. Without these following three things making money online will always remain a dream for you:-
- Hard work
If you think you have got the above mentioned three things, then let’s jump right into the topic.
Below are some of the most authentic and legit ways to make money online
What is Freelancing?
If you are into making money online, you must have heard the term Freelancing. But what does it really mean? Freelancing means working on a contract basis rather than on a regular basis for a company or organization and getting paid for an hour of work, days of work or per project. There are certain advantages and disadvantages of being a freelancer and those are as follows:-
- You don’t have a boss
- Work according to your own convenience
- Do what you love doing
- You have the opportunity to choose your own client
- Start freelancing with zero financial investment (of course you need to invest some time)
- You can earn fulltime living through freelancing
- Most importantly you have freedom (both time-wise and financially)
- Payment may be low at the beginning
- Work can be irregular
- Need time to build a reputation which provides you regular work
- Maybe challenging while managing multiple clients
What do you need to be a freelancer?
One of the most beautiful thing about freelancing is you don’t need any investment to become a freelancer. You only need to identify the skill you already have and you need only one investment that is time. No need to say that you can develop new skills to offer to your clients. Almost everyone is equipped with the skills and tools needed for freelancing.
Below are some of the freelancing fields you might consider offering your service in:-
- Data Entry
- Graphics & Design
Includes but not limited to Logo designing, Business card designing, Posters, Flyers, Photoshop editing, Presentation, Infographics etc…
Includes but not limited to Web programming, Mobile app, Desktop application etc..
- Writing & Translation
Includes but not limited to Resumes and cover letter writing, Blog posts, Proofreading and editing, Business copywriting, Legal writing etc…
- Video and animation
Includes but not limited to Intros & Animated Logos, Promotional & Brand Videos, Editing & Post Production, Whiteboard and explainer videos etc…
- Audio and Music
Includes but not limited to Voice Over, Mixing & Mastering, Composers, Singer-Songwriters, and Sound Effects etc…
- Digital marketing
Social Media Marketing, SEO, Web Traffic, Content Marketing, Video Marketing, Email Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Web Analytics, Local Listings, Domain Research etc…
Virtual Assistant, Market Research, Business Plans, Branding Services, Legal Consulting, Financial Consulting, Presentations etc…
- And much more
No need to rush at all, take your time and decide in which field you want to provide your service. After choosing the field you need a platform to provide your services to the clients. There are a lot of platforms where you can provide your service, but below are three most popular platforms you can choose from.
It’s quite easy to sign up to the above platforms, so we will not go into the details. But for a novice, I would recommend starting working on fiverr.com as it is relatively easy to get hired there.
My next legit way for making money online is YOUTUBE.
Now a day You-tube is booming like anything. More and more people are coming to YouTube to find a solution to their problem, to learn something new and to entertain themselves. With this increasing popularity, YouTube is also becoming a money making machine for content creators. Yes! In case you don’t know you can earn a decent amount of money by creating YouTube videos. Although YouTube videos don’t pay by themselves, you can make money by placing Google Adsense ads on your videos(Of course there are other ways to make money on YouTube but for now we will stick to Google Adsense). The more views and clicks your ads get the more money you will make.
Although you can start a YouTube channel without any investment, you can invest in cameras, lenses, video editing software and on any other equipment needed for creating good quality videos. So without delaying any further, let’s see how to get started with making money on YouTube step by step.
Step1- Create a You-tube channel
Step2- Create good quality videos and upload them to your channel
Step3- Apply for a Google Adsense account
Step4- Monetize your Youtube videos through Google Adsense (After your Adsense account gets approved)
Step5- Promote your videos to give them a kickstart
I always recommend creating videos in the field of your interest, because it will help you grow better on Youtube. Below are some topics you can choose to make videos on-
- Health and fitness
- Beauty tips
- Product Review Channels
- Personal Vlogs
- And much more…
My next way for making money online is by WRITING BLOGS
What is Blogging?
Blogging basically means writing posts on any niches on the internet, which are updated frequently. You can write on different niches which include but not limited to personal journals, News, Technology, Health and Fitness, Gaming, Parenting or any other topic you are interested in. There are some advantages and disadvantages of blogging which are as follows:
- It is a great tool to keep your customers up-to-date
- It helps you to share your ideas with the whole world
- You can earn a living through blogging
- Making money through blogging requires a great deal of time
Now that we know what blogging is, next step is how to start blogging.
How make money by Blogging?
- You can start Blogging with or without any investment. Free blogging can be done with Blogger, Blogspot, and WordPress. Here you don’t need your own hosting space or domain name. But generally buying your own hosting space and domain name is highly recommended in order to maintain professionalism and own your content. There are different good hosting providers such as bluehost.com, hostgator.com, and sitegroung.com etc… and there are different domain name provider such as godaddy.com, namecheap.com and bigrock.com etc…according to me these are affordable and good service providers (Do your own research before buying hosting and domain name, because there are other technical things which are not covered here).
- After buying the hosting and domain you need to prepare your content to post on your blog. Content needs to be plagiarism free and good in quality. Your content should add some value to your readers’ life.
- Just like Youtube blogs don’t pay you by themselves, so you need to place ads on your blog in order to make money from your blog. There are a number of ad agencies who provide ads for your blog, but Google Adsense is highly recommended. So after posting some high-quality post, you need to apply for Google Adsense.
- You can earn money by placing ads on your blog after your Google Adsense account is approved.
After blogging my next method to make money online is Affiliate Marketing.
What is affiliate marketing?
These days almost every product is available online, whether it is as small as a needle or as big as a car, everything is available online. And people are inclining more and more towards buying products from online stores may be because of the easy accessibility of products and convenient home delivery system.
These online stores need to advertise their products in some way and affiliate marketing is one of the many ways they promote their products. So affiliate marketing is a form of advertisement in which the affiliate (In this case you) promotes the products from different online stores on his/her blog or website through a unique link (generally referred as affiliate link). The affiliate gets a commission when someone buys a product through that link then (generally some percentage of the price of the purchased product).
Almost every big online store has an affiliate program which you can join to promote their products on your website and get a commission in return if someone buys from your affiliate link.
You can promote products like Electronics, Home Appliances, Fashion related products, Apparels, Jewellery and Digital products etc…
Some of the recommended affiliate programs are amazon.com, flipcart.com, alibaba.com, and clickbank.com etc…
Like every other thing Affiliate marketing also has its own merit and demerits, which are as follows:-
- You don’t need to own the products in order to promote them
- You don’t have to worry about product handling
- Enjoy being your own boss
- No big investment is needed to start
- If done properly it has the potential to make a lot of money
- It takes time before you get a steady income
There are a lot of other methods to earn online, but these methods are the most popular and my personal favorites. Everyone should try to make money online as it gives you the freedom of being your own boss and at the same time gives you some additional source of income.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the basic concept of making money online. If you have any doubt please feel free to write down your query in the comment section and I will try my best to clarify your doubt. If you find this article useful then don’t forget to share it. THANKS.
NOTE: – In this article, I have covered only the basics of making money online, there are many advance and technical concepts. I will cover them in the upcoming articles.